6061- Contains high mechanical properties in heat treated conditions. Considered one of the more important and versatile alloys in the extrusion industry.
- Good weld ability and corrosion resistance
- Used in industrial marine craft, highway signs, loading ramps and more
- Readily braze able
- Ability to heat-treatable applications
6063- An exclusive heat-treatable alloy for the extrusion industry and is considered the most important in the magnesium silicates group.
- Leading architectural extrusion alloy
- Used in decorative applications, ladders and furniture tubing
- Good finishing
- Satisfactory for several applications without additional work
6463- Used for bright anodized finish.
- Brightness is achieved by buffing and bright-dip anodizing
7004- Considered a medium-strength structural alloy.
- Used for transportation, construction, building and other applications
- Strengths about 25% higher than 6061-T6
7029/7129- Strength levels are considered higher than original automotive trim alloys.
- High strength alloy
- Good machinability
- High stress corrosion and resistance
7116- Used in automotive headrest supports and truck/bus bumpers.
- Medium-strength alloy
- Reasonable machinability and formability